Sunday, February 6, 2011

Introduction

Software Engineer. I always wanted to be one - apart from the time I remember I wanted to be a pilot. I am living my dream? Sort of yes. I am a software engineer albeit a lower class one. A Software Quality Assurance Engineer. I would like to call myself that but again the same is also not true.

I am a tester. I work for a product company. I have a matrix sheet which has n number of test cases to be executed. I execute some everyday and check it in the Company PDS system. The report is generated and at the end of the day I get to know where I stand. Am I in the green zone or in the red zone. This is my typical day generalized.

I used to work for the performance team which was basically a sham!!. We were using stop watches for performance testing. Silkperformer Licences were grossly under utilized and there was nothing like performance engineering involved in the testing. Ok, who am I to judge - I did learn a lot and I wasted a large chunk of my QA life here.

Ok now for the intent of this blog - I have a major achievement to announce. And it is - I have flunked a lot of Software Testing Interviews.

Yes. Thats right. For the past 3 years I have flunked interviews left right and center. And I want to list out the companies for your benefit.

Companies I have attended for Software Testing Jobs and FLUNKED

1. BMC - 3 thrice ( or i have lost the count)
2. Symantec - (Did a great job in the interview or I thought so. Cleared 2 rounds. No reply)
3. Logica (Performance testing)
4. SAS
5. EMC
6. Fiserve
7. Cognizant (Performance testing)
8. Microsoft (The most humiliating)

So here is the deal. I want to document all of the Humiliating experiences I have had and try and see how I can improve. You see I have not lost hope. That damn faith in myself is still going strong. Though sometimes I still feel to retire now and become a wedding photographer!!!. Hahahahaha.

I welcome comments, ridicule, flak, criticism etc etc of all kinds. Spam None.


No comments:

Post a Comment